Baked cheesecake with nut baseIt seems like everyone I know has given up delicious things this year. They feel healthier, but it's seriously hard to fine sharable desserts! That is why this recipe is so awesome, it really doesn't have any sugar or any carbohydrates so it's friendly for many many diets.
Recipe:This recipe was adapted from various paleo and LSLC recipes by my friend Michele who was kind enough to share her awesome instructions!
For the base:
- 120g butter (soft)
- 1 cup hazelnuts (use a food processor to chop the nuts into a med/fine consistency)
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1-2 tablespoon cacao (optional)
|Hazelnuts after being processed|
|rub the butter into the other ingredients to make a dough|
|rough dough consistency|
|Line bottom of tine or base and sides|
For the filling:
- 750g Philadelphia cream cheese (soft)
- 150-200g Birch Xylithol (available from most health food shops)
- 2 eggs
- for plain, scrape the seeds from one or two vanilla pods
- for citrus, add juice of one small lime and juice of 1/2 a lemon (for a stronger flavour add some grated rind as well), as well as seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- for chocolate, add around 2-4 tablespoons of cacao as well as seeds from 1 vanilla pod.
|Smooth filling consistency|
|Vanilla loaf (with dough lined bottom and sides)|
|Layered cheesecake - part vanilla, part cacao|
|Baked layered cheesecake (with dough on the base only)|
To finish I added whipped cream and some fresh berries.
Nut free option: If you are catering to people with nut allergies, just skip the base part, bake the filling in small ramekins lined with baking paper. Line small cups with berries and push the baked mixture out of the ramekin and on top of the berries.
|Nut free option with vanilla and fresh blueberry base|