Chocolate strawberry overload (happy (belated) birthday Tessa)

Chocolate layer cake with chocolate frosting and a mound of strawberries!

I have been wanting to try this cake out since I saw Lorraine Pascal make on TV. Making a delicious birthday cake for my sister seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a go.



Making the cake and frosting:

My mum assisted by making the cake base ahead of time (as I was arriving on an afternoon flight). She followed Lorraine's 'I can't believe you made that' cake recipe and it worked out perfectly!

Moist chocolate cake

Cut into two layers


I made the chocolate frosting from the same recipe.

Butter and sugar

creamed butter and sugar

added melted chocolate


Decoration:

For decoration we decided on heaps of fresh strawberries for the top, Arnott's Choc Fun Sticks for the sides and a final dusting of icing sugar.

Frosting was added between the layers as well and all around the top and sides

used these to decorate the edge of the cake



add strawberries (fresh, halved)

Final product, dusted with icing sugar.